This post really couldn’t have come at a more perfect time as I’ve found myself in a bit of a rut as of lately. Ever since vacay (nearly a month ago now), I feel as though I’ve been constantly playing catch-up with blog posts and freelance work. I don’t know about you, but I hate it when work lingers over the weekend — not only is it a total distraction, but you never truly get caught up with everything. Hence, where I am now: feeling frustrated and not-so-inspired.
Enter in the Day Designer collection, AKA a savvy college student’s (or self-proclaimed busy girl’s) dream. If you’re someone who likes to pencil in ALL the things, then Whitney English’s line of academic year planners, wall calendars and desk accessories will be right up your alley. The best part: It’s all sold exclusively at Target with everything in the collection coming in at just under the $20 mark. #Winning
I created Day Designer in response to my own desire for a planner that was both functional and beautiful. I envisioned a planner that would be simple to use yet robust enough to handle the modern woman’s busy, chaotic, challenging - yet ultimately rewarding - life. An efficient planning system was truly the key to helping me, and busy women all over the world, find focus, create balance and live a more inspiring life. — Whitney English
Despite being a post-graduate, I still swear by a good planner (or three). While I occasionally like to create to-do lists on my iPad, I’m definitely more of a pen and paper kind of gal. I have to say, I was very, very impressed upon receiving the Day Designer 8 x 10 inch navy striped planner (as well as the 5 x 8 inch gold striped planner), the wall calendar, navy floral pen, printed pencil set and pack of assorted washi tape. I’ve linked all the items below (if N/A online, definitely check in store!) as well as additional commentary on what I love about each product.
1. Day Designer Weekly/Monthly Planner in Navy Blue/White // Not only is this navy and white striped planner gorgeous on the outside, but the layout on the inside is incredibly streamlined and easy on the eyes. (Shhh, don’t tell, but it’s honestly just as nice as my Kate Spade planner.) I love how there’s a space for you to record your top three goals and agenda for the day as well as thoughts of gratitude and notes for the week.
2. Day Designer Weekly/Monthly Planner in Gold/White // This planner flaunts a classy gold and white palette that’s equal parts glamorous and sophisticated. It’s slightly smaller size makes it perfect for a backpack or even a leather tote. The layout and organization are the same as the navy and white planner above — just on a smaller scale. I especially love the section of lined pages at the back devoted to note-taking, whether you’re jotting down notes in class or brainstorming ideas on a whim.
3. Day Designer Wall Calendar in Creamsicle // Admittedly, I’ve never owned a wall calendar before (at least, not the type that you actually write on), but this one’s making me want to be a little more on top of things. But actually. I’ve decided to reserve this cute pink + teal striped calendar for blogging. Since I wasn’t so successful with keeping up with an editorial calendar in August, I’m hoping to get down a solid blogging routine this month. Fingers crossed.
4. Day Designer Fountain Pen in Floral Print // As if I didn’t already have enough pens, now I have one more to add to the mix. This floral print fountain pen with a gold finish (which writes in black ink) is perfect for in-class note-taking and making to-do lists.
5. Day Designer #2 Pencil Set in Multi-Print // Do you even head back-to-school if you’re not equipped with at least one #2 pencil for bubbling scantrons? That’s not even a question.
6 Day Designer Washi Tape, 3 Rolls // ‘Cuz washi tape is always a good idea. Use it to decorate your wall calendar, designate special dates and upcoming getaways in your planners — you name it.
What’s your go-to method for staying on top of things? Let me know in the comments below!
Disclosure: All BlueSky products featured in this post were kindly provided as samples. Please note that all views and opinions are my own.