1. Gingham Cotton Shorts (J.Crew) // I know, I know. Navy gingham shorts for summer… how groundbreaking?! As far as preppy summer prints go, gingham will always do you right. Toss on some white canvas sneaks and a chambray shirt for the ultimate weekend look.
2. Charlotte Olympia Bobby Sandals (Shopbop) // Can’t get away? Bring the tropics to you a la these multi-colored sandals featuring round perforations. They’re guaranteed to add instant charm and whimsy to all your #OOTDs. Be forewarned: They don’t come cheap (but that doesn’t stop me from still wanting 'em).
3. Rivet & Thread Embroidered Japanese Denim Skirt (Madewell) // Thank goodness for Madewell’s dedication to effortless cool girl-approved staples. I straight-up need this denim embroidered skirt in my life — it couldn’t be more perfect. I recently bought a striped tee from Madewell’s Rivet & Thread line (this one actually) and it’s already been on repeat.
4. Iridescent Tote (J.Crew) // I have to admit the first time I saw this holographic tote in stores, I was a tad skeptical. It looked… interesting. Now that it’s popped up on my radar a few times, I'm starting to come around. I think it would be a fun statement piece for running errands or heading to class (or work!).
5. Short-Sleeve Popover Shirt in Candy Stripe (J.Crew) // Hello, summer stripes! When your same old chambray shirt grows stale, how about adding this short-sleeve popover shirt (with an extra playful twist) into the mix? Not only am I obsessed with the vintage stripe print, but the colors scream SUMMER.
6. Top Knot Headband (J.Crew) // Sorry (not sorry), but I’m so excited that top knot headbands are having a moment again. This gingham one is no exception. I imagine pairing it with a LWD, navy chino shorts — you name it.
7. Tenoverten Nail Polish in Delancey (Net-a-Porter) // If I had to pick between pink and red nail polish, pink would win by a landslide. Between pastel pinks, hot pinks, neon pinks, and now this bright + punchy pink from Tenoverten, the limit does not exist.
8. Flights of Fancy Banana Coin Purse (Kate Spade) // The real question here is how could you not want a playful banana-shaped coin purse in your life? I digress.
9. Meli Melo Ortensia Saddle Bag (Shopbop) // This pebbled leather Meli Melo saddle bag is so, so pretty. Dress it up with a little black dress or pare it down with denim shorts and a lightweight sweater for a chilly evening around the bonfire. Your move.
What are your summer must-haves? Leave a comment below!