1. Plaid Pleated Tank Top (Madewell) // Enter the perfect pleated top, featuring a swingy silhouette, that will keep you cool even on the hottest days of summer. You can style the plaid print with white skinny jeans, denim cutoffs or a cute mini skirt. Your move.
2. Pintrill Emoji Pin (Madewell) // It’s official: I need to invest in a denim jacket just so that I have an excuse to pick up a few of these enamel emoji-inspired pins. I call dibs on the sprinkled donut, pizza and info desk girl.
3. Multi-colored Sandals (H&M) // Too much color? No such thing. As far as budget-friendly sandals go, these rainbow lace-up stunners are everything. Not only will they lend major pep to your step, but the outfit possibilities are endless.
4. Ivy Round Sunglasses (Henri Bendel) // Yes, I apparently do need to add yet another pair of sunnies to my collection. Equal parts sophisticated and glam, these round tortoiseshell shades won’t go unnoticed. I imagine them looking perf with a LBD or jeans and a button-down.
5. Mini Sofia Crossbody (Rebecca Minkoff) // I’m low-key obsessed with this mini crossbody bag featuring playful tassels (!). Can you blame me? It just screams SUMMER. The compact size is perfect for the girl-on-the-go who wants to carry just the essentials when out and about.
6. JM Drygoods Embroidered Vintage Jean Shorts (Madewell) // It’s hard to say if I would actually wear these vintage floral denim shorts IRL or not, but I love how they’re styled on Madewell’s website. Wear ‘em for an outdoor concert, the county fair or a weekend spent glamping.
7. Striped Cotton-Jersey Mini Dress (Net-a-Porter) // OMG, how comfortable (and Parisian chic) does this striped t-shirt dress look? Toss it on alongside a crossbody bag and lace-up sandals for a daytime casual look or wear it with a denim jacket come after-hours.
8. Taking Flight Pelican Ring (Kate Spade) // Leave it to Kate Spade to design the most whimsical rings possible. Just think how cute this little pelican fella would look perched on your finger. Pssst: there's a matching bangle, pendant necklace and tote (my favorite!), too.
What are your summer must-haves? Leave a comment below!